Saturday, September 20, 2014

I Am.



I Am.

As I reached for my phone to look at facebook for the hundredth time since waking up this morning I felt it.  I paused and tried to identify what “it” was.  There was an emptiness that I was searching to fill.  A longing to connect with someone.  Looking for excitement to fill that void.  Then in that moment I heard God whisper, Naomi everything you are searching for I Am.  You want excitement, I AM.  You need comfort, I AM.  You want peace, I AM.  Wait….so God you are saying that everything that I have ever wanted, you got it all covered?  Protector, provider, confidant, lover, friend, father, laughter, excitement and more?  Lately there has been a longing deep inside my soul that cannot be filled by anyone BUT God.  Yet I seem to make time for everyone but Him then wonder why I still feel empty.  As long as I continue to try to fill up with the quick fix I will still be empty in the end.  As long as I am craving connection and fill it with something other than God I will still be left craving.  So now, not only am I craving connection but now I am strung out from trying to accomplish that on my own.  I picture Jesus with his hands outstretched, softness in his eyes just waiting for us to make the choice to choose Him.  Just waiting for us to see that He is everything our hearts need, want and desire all in one.  My child, whatever it is you are looking for today….I AM.  Draw near to me and allow me to fill that emptiness with an everlasting flow that will not run dry.  Let me be I AM to you.  So I stopped everything that I was doing and just allowed myself to need God.  I allowed myself to feel his presence.  I allowed him to comfort me and speak His promises over me.  I allowed Him to be I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment