Sunday, March 10, 2013

Father



Father
“Impossible.  Love you with the love of a Father”.  I received those words as a text from my daddy as we were playfully arguing who loves who more.  He had never before said it like this and it devastated me.  I knew by the way it made me stop dead in my tracks and bawl like a baby that God was trying to tell me something in that moment.  Those words were an end all phrase.  I mean how do you argue with THAT?  I know what a Father’s love looks like.  There isn’t anything my dad wouldn’t do for me.  He would drop everything to come to my aid.  6 a.m. or middle of the night.  Across town or across the country.  All I have to do is make a call.  Never has the thought crossed my mind that he might not be able to help me, or he might not want to hear my voice or he might be too busy to talk to me or that he might not understand.  Quite the opposite in fact, sometimes I don’t include my father because I am afraid that he will take responsibility for what really isn’t his to take responsibility for .  Now hear me out, I know that there are PLENTY of children that have no idea what a father’s love looks like.  Maybe you were abused, neglected, abandoned, pushed aside.  Maybe you were never cherished, adored or protected the way you were supposed to be.  God has a promise just for you.  Psalms 68:5 promises “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling”.  Maybe take a step out of your “hurt father box” for just a moment and discover what Father really means.  Lets not look at it for who, as a noun but lets look at it for how as a verb.  Father: to accept the responsibility for.  To be the founder, producer or author. To beget or to produce as an effect.  He is not like your earthly father that left you cold and alone, that doesn’t care when your heart breaks.  No no, you are His Responsibility.  He is the author and producer of you.  No wonder why God wants us to truly grasp the love of a Father.  No wonder why He wants us to cry out to him, Abba Father.  There is nothing He won’t do for you.  He will move Heaven and earth if you just believe.  Trust that He is never too busy or just doesn’t care, that he won’t understand what you are going through.  Make that call and trust that He loves you with a Father’s love and allow that love to seep into your soul and devastate you.  "I love you daddy"  "I love you more"  "Impossible more"  "Impossible. Love you with the love of a Father"

No comments:

Post a Comment