Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Favor



Favor.
What does favor look like?  And what does lack of favor look like?  When I envision favor, it means being smack in the middle of what makes you feel most alive.  When you know what you were born to do you know where your favor lies.  But what happens when you feel like have lost your favor or you feel like your favor has moved on.  I’ve been there and it is a horribly dark place.  Standing in a valley, no light to be seen, not even the stars to guide you.  I remember the day I woke up and didn’t even know who I was.  I didn’t know what I liked or didn’t like.  I remember thinking to myself I don’t even know what my favorite color is.  I felt like I had lost everything I ever knew.  The ministry that I had clung so tightly to, gone.  The family that was mine, split in two.  God took me down to nothing to raise me up again.  Now that I am beginning the trek back up the mountain and the sun is shining brighter than ever and I feel alive again for the very first time.  I know exactly what God made me to do.  So what happens when a person that knows her favor comes in contact with someone that doesn’t know their favor and feels like they have lost it all?  The intoxicating feeling that they feel at first becomes mad chaos.  If you heap favor on a person that is in the process of learning where they fit it creates confusion and fear.  Rather than it helping it is actually pushing their healing further off.  The best thing I can do in this situation is take my hands off you and let you discover your inheritance on your own.  Allow God to work in His timing.  To have Him show you where it fits is going to be so much more powerful than anything I could ever do or show you.  This is what love looks like.  To stand back and watch you learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment