Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blessings



Blessings
My mom texted me last night a list of things that I have accomplished over the last year.  “Look at how far God has brought you Naomi”.  So I paused for a few and began pouring over what all has happened in the last year.  Sometimes, it’s hard to believe it has just been a year.  I remember being in a “hopeless season” and thinking it was never going to end.  That I would never smile again.  That the only laughter I would have would be fake laughter.  I thought the tears would never end.  The long lonely nights that seemed to drag on for WAY more than 12 hours.  I vividly remember the first night that the kids and I slept in our new home.  Our miracle home, Our Place of Restoration.  I remember feeling safe for the first time in years.  I remember feeling like a bird that had been caged and finally had room to spread her wings.  The weight that was lifted off is indescribable.  The wish list that I had for my new place was so long.  Haha all my friends and family were nervous that I wasn’t going to find a place.  But God provided ABOVE and BEYOND.  He paid such close attention to detail that it still astounds me to this day.  EVERYTHING I had on my list of the perfect home I could check off.  And that was just the beginning.  As I was moving out God kept telling me over and over again…”You can take what he (the father of my children) has or you can have what I have.”  I left behind SO many possessions.  And it has been incredible to watch God replace it all.  Let me tell you, when God replaces something He gives you so much better than what you had before.  New house, new dog, new BBQ grill and that is just the beginning.  The blessings some small and some HUGE just keep coming.  But in the midst of it all there were days that seemed to last forever.  Seasons that drug on and on.  So let me encourage you, if you are in the middle of one of those hopeless seasons that you can’t see your way out of, take a deep breath.  God is right there with you and His plan is unfolding in His perfect time.  I promise you, this season won’t last forever.  The tears will stop.  The joy will come in the morning and the laughter will be unlike anything you have experienced before.  Looking back it all happened so quickly, all at once, but yet felt like it was NEVER going to end.  I thank God for the people he placed in my life along the road.  Each one a healing dispensary.  To my best friend, Scarlett and the countless hours she spent on the phone with me crying, laughing and teaching me how to communicate. To my parents for always encouraging me and making me feel like I am an incredible mom even on days when I wanted to run away from it all.  To Deborah who constantly reminds me of who I am and the promises that God has given me.  Who can listen to my dreams and never think I am too crazy. To Tisha who constantly held me when I cried, supported me when I couldn’t put into words what I needed.  Silently stood by to allow me to learn lessons on my own.  And LAVISHED love on to my children.  To Tacie who always brings just the right word at just the right time.  To Cassie who stops at nothing to make me smile, does research for me and sends me constant reminders cause she knows how forgetful I am. To Jeff, WOW the healing that you brought me.  It was truly your emails that pulled me the last few inches out of the darkness.  You gave me the hope that I needed and poured life back into something that seemed so dead.  Thank you for speaking EXACTLY the words that God gave you even though they seemed risky.  To the countless other friends that have held my hand and encouraged me along the way.    Thank you ALL for being part of the most amazingly, challenging, seemed never ending, rollercoaster ride of a year.  Love All of You!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment